A Note on Coronavirus Precautions
- Masks are available in health offices throughout the district to cover adults or students who have fever and are coughing when they come to the medical office. These masks will have to stay on until the individual has left the school.
- Any student out for periods of time due to illness should contact the school to ensure access to ongoing curriculum and instruction.
- Having handwashing facilities available throughout all of our buildings and ensuring that all soap dispensers are regularly refilled.
- Providing a teaching segment on handwashing practices for students and staff in all buildings.
- Increasing each school building’s disinfection program for cleaning student desks, horizontal surfaces and touch points such as doorknobs, drinking fountains, phone receivers and handrails.
- We are asking anyone with fever and/or flu-like symptoms to stay home. Anyone who presents with fever and/or flu-like symptoms in our schools will be provided a mask, screened for a recent travel history and asked to go home. Students can only return to class after meeting with the school nurse upon their return to the building.
- Reporting any at-risk patients and their clinical status to the Westchester County Department of Health.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Click here for a video on proper handwashing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Dr. Laura Feijóo